We all long to have beautiful, glowing skin, but unhealthy eating habits and stress can leave the skin looking not so bright at all.
Some people may be worried about their skin condition and rush to purchase products filled with chemicals to ‘attain’ flawless skin. But these chemicals could do more harm than good in the long run.
“So what do I do?” you may ask. Check your pantry, the secret could just be laying right under your nose without you knowing.
Yes, natural products are safer, free of chemicals and can give you have so longed to have.
Here are some ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen or grocery store which can help you achieve glowing skin.
- Cucumbers: They are best for skin hydration.Its cooling properties can be used as a face pack or juiced up as a refreshing drink! Cucumber helps with treating oily skin and can help reduce the occurrence of acne. Here’s how to use it:
Refrigerate it your cucumber. Once cold, slice and apply directly to skin.
Leave it there for at least 15 minutes then wash off excess with cold water.
2. Green Tea: It helps in fighting free-radicals and can help delay the early signs of ageing and skin diseases. It is a rich source of antioxidant which helps in fighting free radicals in the body.
How to use Green Tea:
Drink it as a tea for cleansing your system from the inside out.
Apply it as a face mask to relax your skin and give it skin a beautiful glow.
3. Turmeric is the spice that has the power to treat uneven skin tone. It has incredible properties for both skin and overall health. It can heal cracked feet, and other skin issues.
4. Eggs: Eggs improve skin texture. They are what you call protein-rich superfoods that can nourish the skin and hair. The egg whites contain a protein called albumin that helps in tightening skin pores and firming up your skin. It also inhibits the excessive production of oil on the skin and clears blackheads. Eggs are rich in lutein that replenishes skin by hydrating it.
Apply the egg white on your face and wash off once it is dry to naturally reduce fine lines and tighten your skin.
To help close your pores, apply egg white mixed with lemon juice.
5. Lemon: if you are looking to lighten your skin naturally, lemon is the way to go. For ages, lemons have been one of man’s beauty ingredient. It is a rich source of vitamin C, which makes it an essential skincare product for glowing skin.
Lemon helps get rid of dead skin, blackheads, and whiteheads. It can also reduce the production of sebum, which helps in reducing pimples.
To make a face mask for exfoliation, use lemon and sugar:
Squeeze half of a lemon into a jar, add a teaspoon of sugar and mix.
Apply and gently scrub off the dead skin cells from your face and neck.
Rinse with water.