Have you ever experienced toothache, anyone who has becomes totally appreciative of the well being of those seemingly less important parts of the body. A toothache often feels like a body ache; every part of the body feels the pain, and the soul sure shares the ache too, you have to keep mirth at arm’s length, because you can’t bear to laugh!
You don’t have to stay humour free; instead you can keep toothache at arm’s length with these remedies.
Home Remedies for Toothaches:
1) A very simple home remedy for toothache is to mix some pepper powder with common salt and rub this mixture onto the teeth. Doing this daily will also prevent any toothache troubles as well as dental cavities.
2) Mix a pinch of pepper in clove oil. Put this oil straightly into the cavity to stop toothache.
3) Garlic is one of the most effective home remedies for toothache is garlic. A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning.
4) Drops of vanilla extract on the affected tooth are an effective remedy.
5) Toothache pain is often relieved by placing a small piece of onion on the bad tooth or gum, since onion has antibacterial properties that kill the germs in the mouth.
6) One of the best known home remedies for toothache relief is the good old clove. Clove reduces the pain as it has antiseptic properties and clove oil, applied on the painful tooth, can ease toothache pain fairly quickly. If you don’t have clove oil, grind a clove and apply the powder on the affected area. The tooth cannot be cured, but the clove will give you relief from pain.
7) Melt 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and use this mixture as a mouth wash.
Let’s not just stop at the homemade remedies, here are homemade recipes for toothpaste. These recipes are friendly on the teeth and effective dental care.
MINT TOOTHPASTE RECIPE
6 teaspoons baking soda
1/3 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons glycerin
15 drops peppermint or wintergreen extract
Directions: Mix thoroughly. Store in a container. You’ll be surprised with how fresh your mouth feels.
Hydrogen peroxide (a few drops)
Directions: Make a paste by combining the two ingredients. Use this paste on your teeth and also gently rub along your gums two times a week.
Rinse your mouth with cooled tea (mint is a perfect choice.)